Movie Review: Jojo Rabbit

I just got back from the theater. I thought about it a lot on my way home, and I'm not sure where to begin. I'm not going to discuss spoilers, so don't worry.

So, Jojo Rabbit. Where do I begin? Well it takes place in Nazi Germany and our main character Jojo is a member of the Hitler Youth. Oh yeah, his imaginary friend is Hitler (played by Taika Watiti). Because I feel the movie is so powerful I don't want to say any more about the story.

The cast is absolutely fantastic. Roman Griffin Davis as Jojo gives an incredibly performance. I think he is going to go far as an actor. Taika Watiti as Adolf is an absolute riot. He really nails what a ten year old boy would think of Hitler. Thomasin McKenzie as Elsa is amazing. She is completely believable as a scared young girl who is also very intelligent and cunning. Scarlett Johansson is delightful as a single mother trying to raise her son. Sam Rockwell as Captain Klenzendorf was one of my favourite characters. You can tell that he is troubled and cynical and still wants to fight, but due to an injury he can't. He and Alfie Allen (playing Finkel) are a great combo even if Allen doesn't have many lines.

I really can't say much more without giving away too much. But what I can say is you need to see this film. It's hilarious, dramatic, and powerful. It's an absolute rollercoaster of emotions and a ton of fun! Jojo Rabbit is definitely on my top ten list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enkelli's Rules for Writing Fantasy

Ancient Appalachia